Dates: 06/03/2017 - 30/04/2017
Mode of Delivery: Online
Bhagavad Gita – Bhakti Yoga (Chapters 7-12). Tradition describes the Bhagavad-gita as a treasure chest. The middle chapters (7-12) are where the treasure is kept. This part of Bhagavad-gita is its essence, hidden and specially protected by the Lord. It discusses the nature and activities of pure devotional service. These chapters contain the prayojana tattva, or the goal of bhakti. Bhakti-yoga is the essence of the Gita: “Yoga actually means bhakti-yoga; all other yogas are progressions toward the destination of bhakti-yoga.” (Srila Prabhupada, purport to BG 6:47).
Bhakti Sastri program can be attended without special requirements. You are able to enroll in one module or all program. By clicking “Enrol Now” you will be redirected to Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus, where you will proceed with registration and payment only for this module. The Paypal fee is €99 fully inclusive.
Bhakti-sastri course is always going on, with 6 modules in total, one after another. It is possible to enroll at any time and continue from the next scheduled module or just take one module (or more) of your choice as each one is independent from the rest of the modules.
Registration to the complete Bhakti Sastri PLUS program
We are offering the possibility to study full Bhakti Sastri PLUS program:
- Create account on Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus (BCOC).
- Fill in the Bhakti Sastri PLUS registration form.
- Pay the Paypal fee (link below).
Registration into the Bhakti Sastri PLUS program brings number of benefits:
- a tuition-fee deduction of 15% (paying €505, instead of €594)
- each module can be studied according to one’s preference in a maximum period of two years (two consecutive postponing possible)
- one can immediately take the Disciples Course online
- after meeting criteria for receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, one can automatically continue with the Bhakti Sastri PLUS and take one TRS module free of charge
- after receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, one gets deduction of 15% for Bhaktivaibhava module (paying €339 instead of €399). This is applicable for those enrolled into BS+ after December 2015
- Bhakti Sastri graduates can apply for the BA in Theology and Religious Study (TRS) without paying the application fee of €50.
- As a special gift we will immediately send you two breathtaking audio CDs recorded by the Bhaktivedanta College students!
Once you register you will be automatically enrolled in the next Disciples Course and all upcoming Bhakti Sastri modules.
Week One - Chapter Seven
Knowledge of the Absolute
Lord Krishna is the Supreme Truth, the supreme cause and sustaining force of everything, both material and spiritual. Advanced souls surrender unto Him in devotion, whereas impious souls divert their minds to other objects of worship.
Week Two - Chapter Eight
Attaining the Supreme
By remembering Lord Krishna in devotion throughout one’s life, and especially at the time of death, one can attain to His supreme abode, beyond the material world.
Week Three - Chapter Nine
The Most Confidential Knowledge
Lord Krishna is the Supreme Godhead and the supreme object of worship. The soul is eternally related to Him through transcendental devotional service (bhakti). By reviving one’s pure devotion one returns to Krishna in the spiritual realm.
Week Four - Chapter Ten
The Opulence of the Absolute
All wondrous phenomena showing power, beauty, grandeur or sublimity, either in the material world or in the spiritual, are but partial manifestations of Krishna’s divine energies and opulence. As the supreme cause of all causes and the support and essence of everything, Krishna is the supreme object of worship for all beings.
Week Five - Chapter Eleven
The Universal Form
Lord Krishna grants Arjuna divine vision and reveals His spectacular unlimited form as the cosmic universe. Thus He conclusively establishes His divinity. Krishna explains that His own all-beautiful humanlike form is the original form of Godhead. One can perceive this form only by pure devotional service.
Week Six - Chapter Twelve
Bhakti-yoga, pure devotional service to Lord Krishna, is the highest and most expedient means for attaining pure love for Krishna, which is the highest end of spiritual existence. Those who follow this supreme path develop divine qualities.