Dates: 04/06/2018 - 10/06/2018
Mode of Delivery: Onsite
A slow approach to practicing yoga emphasizes correct techniques. It leads to the increase of the results of yoga practices due to spending a significantly longer time with one pose. We will also learn how to utilize breath for meditative purposes and get acquainted with the sacred and purifying sound of Mantra meditation.
A week-long Slow yoga retreat is particularly meant to bring in the meditative aspects of yoga. When yoga practices are approached with the slow method, the mind will start to automatically gravitate towards the meditative, anti-stress aspects of yoga, the effects of which will last even after stepping out of the yoga mat!
- Daily yoga classes with Janne Kontala, Ph.D. (author of the Inner Yoga book) and Slow yoga expert
- Extraordinary venue: A place infused with four decades of daily study of ancient yoga texts, meditation, kirtan, and puja
- Scenic nature: The sattvic atmosphere captured on the green canvas of rolling valleys and hills
- Discounted price for the Introduction to Yoga philosophy online course
- Excursion to Durbuy (locally known as the smallest town in the world and one of the biggest tourist attraction in Belgium)
- Tour of Chateau de Petite Somme and the Museum of Sacred Arts
- 7 nights accommodation
- Three restaurant (vegetarian) meals per day
Janne Kontala, a PhD in Religious Studies, 2016, Abo Akademi and the author of the book Inner Yoga, was introduced to the ashtanga-vinyasa yoga tradition in 1992 under teachers Petri Räisänen and Derek Ireland. He did an additional five-year yoga training in ashrams in India and Finland, developing an interest in yoga philosophy and using sound in yoga (mantra meditation). He had undergone teacher training in two recognized schools (Sivananda and Iyengar). Janne currently teaches in Helsinki and Stockholm, educating both practitioners and teachers in the physical, meditational, and philosophical aspects of yoga. He lives in Sweden with his wife and children.
- 07:00 Practice
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 11:00 Technique
- 13:30 Lunch
- 17:15 Philosophy and meditation
- 18:30 Dinner
- 20:40 Kirtan in the temple (optional)
Shared room in the Radhadesh Retreat Center + three Restaurant meals daily + yoga sessions + excursion to Durbuy= €800
Early yogi discount price €750 till January 15, 2018!