Systematically study Bhagavad-gita As It Is, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction, and Sri Isopanisad – 4 of the most important bhakti-texts. Our teachers are experienced devotees who have been studying, living by and teaching Prabhupada’s books for many years. Our students are from all over the world and create a worldwide online community with the goal of understanding and deeply imbibing the Gaudiya Vaishnava principles and practices.
Bhakti Sastri Modules
- Bhagavad-gita 1 (Chapters 1-6) - Karma Yoga (next delivery: January 9, 2017)
- Bhagavad-gita 2 (Chapters 7-12) - Bhakti Yoga (next delivery: March 6, 2017)
- Bhagavad-gita 3 (Chapters 13-18) - Transcendental Knowledge (next delivery: May 1, 2017)
- Sri Isopanisad (next delivery: July 3, 2017)
- The Nectar of Instruction (next delivery: August 28, 2017)
- The Nectar of Devotion (next delivery: October 23, 2017)
Lectures and other materials are delivered over Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus (BCOC).
For more details, check the FAQ section.
We recognize and issue few levels of awards for the Bhakti Sastri degree:
1. Bhaktivedanta College Bhakti-sastri Module digital certificate - sent upon request to the student upon the successful completion of the module
2. Bhaktivedanta College full Bhakti-sastri digital certificate - sent to the student upon the successful completion of all 6 modules of Bhakti-sastri.
3. VTE Bhakti Sastri Certificate - issued once a year (January/February) by the ISKCON Board of Examination to students who successfully pass the full Bhakti-sastri course and:
- Chant sixteen rounds of the maha-mantra daily
- Follow the four regulative principles for bhakti-yoga
- Provide a recommendation letter by a local ISKCON representative.
Bhakti-sastri course is always going on, with 6 modules in total, one after another. It is possible to enroll at any time and continue from the next scheduled module.
You can enroll for:
- one module of your choice (every module is an independent unit) or
- full Bhakti-sastri course (you immediately enroll for all 6 modules)
Enrollment is done over the buttons below Bhagavad-gita 1 Bhagavad-gita 2 Bhagavad-gita 3 Sri Isopanisad Nectar of Instruction Nectar of Devotion
IMPORTANT: If you register for all 6 modules, you will be AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED into the modules on the day of their commencement one after another, as they come according to the schedule.
Fee for each module is €99. If you immediately enroll for all 6 modules, you get the following benefits:
- a 15% tuition-fee deduction - pay €505, instead of €594
- a 15% deduction if, after receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, you decide to study the Bhaktivaibhava course with us - pay €339 instead of €399 (applicable for those enrolled into BS+ after December 2015)
- Disciples Course free of charge; if you've already passed the course with us, you can give it to someone else as a gift
- one module from our Theology and Religious Studies BA program free of charge after meeting criteria for receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree
- Bhakti Sastri graduates can apply for the BA in Theology and Religious Study (TRS) without paying the application fee of €50
- a special gift - two breathtaking audio CDs recorded by the Bhaktivedanta College students!
The final mark for each Bhakti Sastri module is made:
- 15% of the mark for participation in the discussion forums throughout the module
- 30% of the mark for VTE essays (two or three, minimum 40% mark for each is required for pass)
- 15% of the mark for quizzes (five or more)
- 40% the mark for the closed-book exam (minimum 65% is required for pass)
Student has to get at least 65% in total to pass the course.
Closed-book exam consists of minimum 20 questions (out of which 2-3 questions are recalling verses) which have to be answered within 60 or 120 minutes. For taking the exam, a student has to secure a proctor, a person who sits with him/her during the exam and monitors regularity.
Final grades are sent to students individually approximately 30 days after the closed-book exam period is over. In case of failing, student gets one more chance to pass the course if the final mark can be risen above 65% by doing VTE essays OR closed-book exam better. If there is again a fail, student can re-take the whole module in accordance with our second attempt policy.