- ABOUT US
- ONSITE PROGRAMS
- ONLINE PROGRAMS
- STUDENT LIFE
Millions of people are practicing asanas and doing breathing exercises, so this course is about a way to understand the philosophy behind yoga.
What is bhakti yoga?
Bhakti yoga is also known as yoga of devotion or yoga of love. Yoga means to connect and bhakti refers to unconditional love for the Supreme Lord. This love is dormant in the heart of every person, and is the source of greatest happiness.
Nowadays, millions of people are practicing asanas and doing breathing exercises. There is a growing need to understand what is the philosophy behind yoga. This need is fulfilled through teachings of bhakti yoga, since this yoga is the final step on the yoga ladder, the culmination of all other yoga practices. It leads to the highest perfection of of prema - love of God, and enables the soul to return back to its original position in the spiritual realm.
Who should take this course?
This course is for those, who are new to bhakti yoga, and would like to learn the basic concepts and practices.
This introductory course includes three modules:
1) Sambandha - spiritual connection and relationship
2) Abhideya - practices in that relationship
3) Prayojana - the ultimate spiritual goal
The "Introduction to Bhakti-Yoga" program is open to anyone wishing to systematically study. The modules may be taken in a nonsequential order, since they were prepared as independent units. To accommodate various needs and schedules, we have two types of accreditation:
(1) Bhaktivedanta College Digital Attendance Certificate. This will be issued electronically by the end of each module. The study requirements are:
Watching the weekly video classes
Reading the assigned materials
Being active on the forum
(2) Introduction to Bhakti-yoga Certificate. This will be issued after the successful completion of three modules. In addition to the above, students are required to write a passing final essay for each of the three modules.
This program can be attended without special requirements. You are able to enroll in one module or complete program. Individual module registration is done via Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus.