Dates: 28/09/2020 - 08/11/2020
Mode of Delivery: online
What is bhakti yoga?
Bhakti Yoga or Yoga of Devotion (Love) is yoga for modern time. It is easy to practice and its results are sublime. The main two practices are meditation on the sacred sound vibration of a mantra and hearing or reading sacred spiritual books like Bhagavad gita and Srimad Bhagavatam. These sacred sound vibrations have a potency to reduce and even extinguish the anxiety and pressure that one experiences in a fast paced life of a modern society and connect one with the inner source of wisdom. Even a beginner can experience significant increase in inner peace and satisfaction. A regular practitioner experiences higher levels of consciousness, personal development and uncovering of one’ s spiritual nature which all culminate in divine love for God and all living beings.
Who should take this course?
This six weeks course is meant for the beginners, who would like to learn the basics about philosophical concepts and practices of bhakti yoga.
Week 1 – Identity – Who am I?
It is important to understand oneself beyond the limits of the material body. At the core we are spiritual entities with spiritual needs. What are these needs?
Week 2 – Death and Beyond – Karma and Reincarnation
What is death? Is this the end or a transition into another life? What determines our future? How do we create our future destiny with our mind?
Week 3 – How are you doing today – Modes and the Moods
Every action we perform in this world is influenced by the subtle modes of material nature. We think we are free, but we are impelled to act according to the dictation of the material energy. Learn how these modes affect you in daily life and how to become free from their influence.
Week 4 – Origin of the soul – Where do we come from ?
This lesson touches upon the three aspects of the Absolute Truth. Is it an energy? Is it love? Or is he a person? Learn the difference between the impersonal and personal conception of the Absolute Truth.
Week 5 – Bhakti – Yoga of Love
There is one essential need that we have – love. Why is love in the material world often so painful? We desire eternal love that will bring us complete fulfilment – is this utopia? Learn about the process which awakens divine love in one’s heart and extinguishes all suffering.
Week 6 – Epistemology – How can I belive this is true?
What is the process of receiving spiritual knowldege? How do you know when you receive knowledge from the right source? How to discriminate between a genuine spiritual perceptor and a false one? Learn about the origin of the vedic knowledge, its spiritual potency and its proper transmition.
Aims of study
1. To help students understand the nature of the soul, material energy and the Absolute Truth and their relationships with each other
2. To help students understand the unique benefits of bhakti yoga practice
3. To encourage students appreciation for pure bhakti yoga practice
4. To prepare students for learning how to practice bhakti yoga
By the end of this course the students will be able to:
1. Explain basic philosophical concepts of bhakti yoga
2. Explain five most potent processes of bhakti yoga
3. List five kinds of divine loving relationships
4. Explain the unique benefits of bhakti yoga
5. Explain what is the process of obtaining spiritual knowledge
The “Introduction to Bhakti-Yoga” program is open to anyone wishing to systematically study.
The study requirements are:
– Watching the weekly video classes;
– Reading the assigned materials;
– Being active on the forum;
– Completing quizzes.
Introduction to Bhakti-yoga Certificate. This will be issued after the successful completion of the course.
The final mark for the Bhakti-yoga for Beginners course is made:
- 35% of the mark for participation in the discussion forums throughout the course
- 25% of the mark for homework
- 40% the mark for the quizzes
The student has to get at least 65% in total to become entitled to the certificate of attendance.
Introduction to Bhakti-yoga can be attended without special requirements. There are two possibilities for enrollment:
1) PayPal – Standard enrollment
By clicking “Enrol Now” you will be redirected to Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus, where you will proceed with registration and payment for this module. The Paypal fee is €79, fully inclusive.
2) PayPal – Bhakti Yoga for Beginners and Disciples Course
We are also offering the possibility to study Introduction to Bhakti Yoga and ISKCON Disciples Course for the fully inclusive fee of €98 (25% discount). You will be enrolled into both modules after that.