Transcendental Art Seminar (5)
I just wanted to know what kind of practice I can do before I get to the seminar since I just don’t have too much art experience.
Everyone can practice copying a painting of Krishna or Prabhupada and doing drawings of existing Krishna art learning to express oneself in devotional art is an ongoing process with patience and continuous practice required.
Everyone must have:
– Personal portable easel (usually available in lightweight aluminium) very important!
– Brushes assorted Bristol or synthetic flat or filbert # 2 # 4 # 6 # 8 # 10 (at least these , or any others you might like as well)
– Synthetic rounds # 2 # 4
– drawing pad 11×14 . And another large sketch paper pad 18×24
– Pencils 6B or softer, any other materials for drawing, charcoal, conte crayon eraser etc.
– One pad of tracing paper at least 11×14. Container for turpentine, rags or paper towels for painting and cleaning brushes.
Paints, turpentine, and canvas will be provided.
A digital camera or phone camera is very advisable as we will be learning how to take reference photos. I recommended to all students to do a copy of an existing BBT painting before attending class to get familiar with the type of painting we will be doing and doing drawings of Srila Prabhupada and other figures.
Please begin thinking of a painting you would like to do during the class. A simple one figure, perhaps of Krishna is suggested, the time is limited so keep it simple. You can also begin some idea sketches for this class in preparation. If anyone prefers to do a copy of an existing Krishna painting, that’s fine, we will help anyone at their existing level.
No, we are looking for both raw talent and experienced artists
Do I need to bring paint brushes with me? What other equipment do I need to bring, or can they be gotten there?
We ask all students to bring your own brushes, portable easel and drawing pads. Paints, canvas, and turpentine will be provided.
The daily schedule for the art seminar is from 10:00 to 18:00 pm, with a break for lunch. We encourage everyone to participate in every session to get the full benefit of the classes.