Data protection legislation gives rights to people about whom we hold information, and gives us responsibilities regarding that information.
Legal Basis for Processing
How Do We Collect Information from You?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about courses, products and services, place an order or if you register to receive newsletters or access to online campus.
- register to the online campus (bcoc.bhaktivedantacollege.com), or
- request a call (example: https://bhaktivedantacollege.com/admission/request-a-call/), or
- subscribe to our mail list to receive our catalogue and newsletter, or
- inquire about the school via Keystone Academic Solutions (https://www.keystoneacademic.com/), or
- becomes a student of onsite and online programs
will receive the newsletter from us (with relevant information like upcoming activities, news, promotions, events) and can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link from any message.
You can also unsubscribe from any message and opt out of any other communication by requesting it with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who processes your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
- By default, your information is not shared with any other party.
- If needed we might disclose and share your personal information with our service providers, who are working with us to perform functions and process user data on our behalf. For example, in case an event is jointly organized with a third party, the relevant personal data can be shared with this third party, but only for the institutional purposes relating to the organization of the event. Another example could be the caterer and specific dietary requirements needed to be shared for the campus courses.
- We will send newsletters by using MailChimp, an email service offered through the url www.mailchimp.com, owned and operated by the Rocket Science Group, LLC Marketing.
- We may use PayPal (www.paypal.com) for secure credit card transaction processing and other online financial transactions. The data is required to process your donation with our payment processor(s).
- We will never sell your personal information.
We collect personal data from the following sources:
- Submission of application form for our evaluation and consideration to enrol on the programme.
- References from third parties e.g. referees, employers and past employers to verify your statements contained in the application form if required during the application process.
- Submission of forms for graduation.
- Marked and graded Assignments and coursework.
- Plagiarism Reports.
- Student Feedback forms.
- Payments of fees made.
How Will We Use the Information You Give?
The personal information that we collect is used:
- Data is collected as part of our process of providing services to you as a student and to entering into a contract of study with you.
- Evaluation of academic achievement and other documentation necessary for evaluation for credit transfer or accreditation of prior learning (APL).
- Enrolment on our e-learning system.
- To offer access to learning resources.
- Email/forum communication concerning course changes and new courses.
- Providing student cards.
- Processing of study fees.
- Production of Degrees and Certificates.
- Production of transcripts.
- Statistical analysis of student performance for course reports for improvements.
- To provide you with better services.
- For customer administration.
- Direct marketing communications (see Direct Marketing Communications section below).
- To personalise our service to you.
- To seek your views on products and services.
- For technical administration of our websites.
Direct Marketing Communications
From time to time we would like to contact you with details of our products and services, including discounts and competitions by email, post, phone and other electronic means. We will only send you marketing communications if you consent to us doing so. We’ll always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell them to other companies for marketing purposes.
We use MailChimp to send our email newsletters. By signing up to receive Bhaktivedanta College email communications, you agree to the transfer of data to MailChimp.
Retention of Information
For the purposes of verification for academic, employment and career purposes all information will be retained for 15 years except the following where there are no retention limits:
- Copies of Degrees awarded.
- Transcripts and marks.
Security of Information
GDPR requires that we keep your information secure. Confidentiality will be respected including measures to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure.
Where your personal data is stored electronically, access will be password protected and only available to authorised personnel.
Electronic data are stored in computers in the administrative office and on servers that are provided by Internet Service providers. These outside organisations have security systems that are in compliance with Industry standards for data security.
Administration and personal data are also processed by our outsource administrators as part of our academic services.
Updating Your Data, Erasure and Requesting a Copy of Your Records
We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct your query to email@example.com and we will respond within 5 working days.
Where necessary your personal information will be shared to the following third parties. Your information will not be shared without your express consent.
The third parties are:
- Professional verification organisations that wish to confirm authenticity of submitted qualifications and transcripts (e.g. Belgium government).
- Potential employers.
- Work placement agencies.
Links to other sites
This policy applies only to information collected by Bhaktivedanta College. Links within our domain (www.bhaktivedantacollege.com) and all subdomains to those of other organisations are not covered by this policy.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the personal information we hold about you or to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
The supervisory authority in Belgium is L'Autorité de protection des données who may be contacted via https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/contact.
Changes to this document