Dates: 03/04/2017 - 14/05/2017
Mode of Delivery: Online
This course departs from the chronological approach of studying sastra. Looking at the main topics of the Gita gives a new and fresh glimpse into the most important bhakti-sastra and allows the student gaining a deeper understanding of the development of Krsna’s argument in the conversation with Arjuna.
We observe how many topics come back as a boomerang in the Gita and are shown from new perspectives in order to allow us understand better the process of Krsna-Consciousness.
Some of the topics are worth looking at them more closely as they equip us with knowledge that allows a better comprehension of the world itself and provide us with the needed instruments in order to convey the message to others.
Aims of course
- To understand Gita’s structure and the way of argument of Krsna.
- To understand main topics in their entirety.
- To draw a picture of the Gita in a thematic way.
- More complete understanding of the profound meaning and structure of the Gita.
- Systematic knowledge about the main topics of the Gita and their connection to the main objective of it.
- Appreciation of Krishna’s character and nature (how he builds the argument and presents it to Arjuna).
- Bhaktivedanta Swami – Bhagavad Gita As It Is
- Visvanath Cakravarti – Commentary By Srila Visvanath Cakravarti Thakura
- Baladeva Vidyabhusana – Gita Bhusana Bhagavad-gita Commentary
Weekly webinar class which will be stored online for later reference;
- Forum: 20%
- Quizzes 40%
- The final assessment: 40% [will be an essay or presentation (orally with power point)]
Students will receive a certificate upon successful finish of the program.
Certificate in Bhagavad Gita Today: Thematic Approach can be attended without special requirements. By clicking “Enrol this program” you will be redirected to Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus, where you will proceed with registration and payment for this program. The Paypal fee is €99 fully inclusive.