Dates: 01/06/2018 - 29/06/2018
Mode of Delivery: Onsite
We believe that yoga is much more than purely postural exercise. To sufficiently grasp the theoretical part – yoga philosophy, we fortified our 200h TTC with the 6-week online Introduction to Yoga philosophy module. Studying the Yoga Sutra and the Bhagavad Gita brings students in touch with sacred knowledge of the sages and unlocks a deeper inner wisdom.
- Course Summary
- Assessment & Accreditation
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- Renowned teachers
- Blended learning: Onsite (practice, anatomy & physiology, teaching skills) and 6-week online module on Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Alliance certification
- Daily 7.5 h yoga classes
- Meditation and chanting
- Breathing techniques
- Basic anatomy terms and planes, basics of prenatal yoga
- Extensive supporting material
- 3 daily vegetarian/vegan karma free yogic meals (Govinda’s Restaurant)
- How yoga philosophy provides several maps or instruction manuals for improving the quality of life and experience.
- Mind: its structure, conscious and subconscious mind, and how to utilize this knowledge.
- Exploring the main concepts of yoga as presented in Yoga Sutra and Bhagavad Gita and evaluating their application in daily life.
- Central principles of effective techniques for personal practice.
- Developing precise alignment to enable longer and deeper engagement with the various positions.
- Proper breathing: we will prepare the ground for more advanced breathing techniques by learning a systematic approach to relaxing, expanding and controlling the breath.
- The use of sound in meditation (mantra chanting).
- The basics of terminology for anatomy and biomechanics. Anatomy focused on the different joints and movements (anatomy of the spine, lower and upper limbs, pelvis, shoulder girdle, neck and head).
- The basics of prenatal yoga.
- Contraindications for yoga.
- How to plan a class and approach a teaching situation.
- Hands-on skills for assisting your students.
- 6:30 – 9:00 practice
- 9:30 breakfast
- 11:00 – 13:00 technique
- 13:30 lunch
- 15:00 – 17:00 teaching skills
- 17:15 – 18:15 philosophy and meditation
- 18:30 dinner
- 20:40 – 21:15 kirtan in the temple (optional)
Just imagine decades of vigorous practice, immersion in yoga philosophy, teaching experience, academic training, meditation and personal development poured into their determination to instruct you!
Jani Jaatinen aka Mahayogi Gokulacandra is internationally renowned teacher and the Founder of Gokul Yoga. Since 2000 Jani has explored yoga with Janne Kontala, his life-long teacher and friend. Jani has been practicing yoga for 15 years now and his personal practice have become an integral part of his spiritual experience. Known for sharing his love and knowledge of yoga in a dynamic and generous manner, he receives invitations and returns regularly to teach workshops and retreats throughout Europe, Asia, USA and South America. Gokul runs Yoga Alliance registered school (gokulyoga.com) in Borneo and Bali.
Janne Kontala, a PhD in Religious Studies, 2016, Abo Akademi and the author of the book Inner Yoga, was introduced to the ashtanga-vinyasa yoga tradition in 1992 under teachers Petri Räisänen and Derek Ireland. He did an additional five-year yoga training in ashrams in India and Finland, developing an interest in yoga philosophy and using sound in yoga (mantra meditation). He had undergone teacher training in two recognized schools (Sivananda and Iyengar). Janne currently teaches in Helsinki and Stockholm, educating both practitioners and teachers in the physical, meditational, and philosophical aspects of yoga. He lives in Sweden with his wife and children.
Emma’s yoga path started in 1999 – 2000 with Hatha and Ashtanga yoga. Slow yoga has become a daily habit since 2009 when she started practicing it with her teacher Janne Kontala. Emma also studied yoga therapy and has been teaching a wide range of yoga at several locations in Finland and abroad since 2008. Currently, in addition to her weekly lessons and courses, she trains with Janne Kontala slow yoga instructors in Helsinki, Stockholm, and Oulu. Key themes in her teaching are anatomy, body function, therapeutic perspective, and increased awareness and safety in practice.
Giridhari Das is a self-help and spiritual teacher, author, and speaker. He has been practicing bhakti-yoga and working with self-development for over 20 years. He has published four books on yoga and self-realization, has hundreds of videos online and has helped thousands of people with his teachings and personal guidance. Giridhari will teach classes on practical yoga philosophy. Find out more: www.3TPath.com.
Slow and dynamic flow yoga.
We explore two different ways of practicing and teaching.
Slow yoga is an approach wherein the focus is on doing exercises at a slow pace, paying attention to correct alignment and techniques. Here we will stay a longer time in each position, and spend more time building a strong basis.
Dynamic flow yoga is a way of practicing in which movement is integrated with position. This experience will be more aerobically challenging, and practitioners will stay in one position for a relatively shorter period of time.
Ultimately, the style of practice is up to the practitioner’s personal preference. The same goes for teaching, and the course will give prospective teachers tools for teaching yoga in many different ways.
The course will prepare students to act in the role of yoga teachers. Developing the following knowledge and skills is the aim of the program:
- Understanding yoga: to understand the basic ideas of yoga philosophy, the goal of yoga, and how to get there
- Personal skills: to show sufficient competence in personal practice
- Principles of teaching a group: basic pedagogic requirements in group settings; the power of using visual, verbal and physical instruction
- Non-violence: to guide students to safe practice. Typical issues include prenatal practice, most common contraindications, and ruling out risks caused by incomplete technique
- Additional techniques: using props when required, and learning techniques to support a more effective and safe practice
To be entitled to register with the Yoga Alliance on the RYT 200 level, students need to demonstrate their skills and competence in the following areas:
- Functional anatomy and physiology.
- Understanding yoga philosophy (assessed at the end of the online module)
- Personal practice. How to do asanas and breathing exercises with proper technique and ability to sustain the effort for the required time
- Teaching skills. How to introduce an exercise, guide students in a group setting
through an exercise, and give personalized instructions.
Spiritual vibes – a place infused with four decades of daily study of ancient yoga texts, meditation, kirtan and puja
Scenic nature – the sattvic atmosphere captured on the green canvas of rolling valleys and hills
Unique castle – possessing a treasure difficult to obtain is a symbolic meaning of a castle.
Chateau de Petite Somme holds treasures meant for yogis.
Join the treasure hunt!
For detailed info about on how to get to Radhadesh, please visit this link.
To register, please fill out the registration form.
The event will start on Friday, June 1st, with lunch, and finish on Friday, June 29th with lunch. Two additional days are included in the price so you can plan your arrival and departure nicely (either before or after the course). An extra fee of €53 per day (food & accommodation) are charged for other additional days.
The fee includes:
- three vegetarian meals per day served in the Govinda’s Restaurant
- six week online course: Introduction to Yoga philosophy.
- 2200€ per person (twin room with shared bathroom, in ashram style accommodation)
- 2450€ per person (single room, shared bathroom, in ashram style accommodation)
- 2450€ per person (triple room private bathroom, Retreat Centre)
- 2650€ per person (twin room private bathroom, Retreat Centre)
- 2950€ per person (single room, kitchen, private bathroom, Retreat Centre & Bhaktivedanta College)
Non-refundable deposit of 500 EUR is paid in advance for booking your place at the training.
EARLY YOGI: Use the special discount of 200 EUR if you register and pay the deposit until 15.1.2018.!
Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
Yoga philosophy is meant to bring yoga into your whole life, even outside the yoga mat!
For more info about this course please click here