Dates: 19/10/2021 - 26/12/2021
Mode of Delivery: Online
The Nectar of Devotion (NOD) is Srila Prabhupada’s summary study of Srila Rupa Goswami’s Bhakti-rasamrita-sindhu. It presents “the complete science of devotional service.” In this course you will systematically study the first nineteen chapters of the NOD.
Bhakti Sastri program can be attended without special requirements. You are able to enroll in one module or all program. By clicking “Enrol Now” you will be redirected to Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus, where you will proceed with registration and payment only for this module. The Paypal fee is €99 fully inclusive.
OR enroll complete program and get 15% discountEnroll Complete Program
Bhakti-sastri course is always going on, with 6 modules in total, one after another. It is possible to enroll at any time and continue from the next scheduled module or just take one module (or more) of your choice as each one is independent from the rest of the modules.
Registration to the complete Bhakti Sastri PLUS program
We are offering the possibility to study full Bhakti Sastri PLUS program:
- Create account on Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus (BCOC).
- Fill in the Bhakti Sastri PLUS registration form.
- Pay the Paypal fee (link below).
Registration into the Bhakti Sastri PLUS program brings number of benefits:
- a tuition-fee deduction of 15% (paying €505, instead of €594)
- each module can be studied according to one’s preference in a maximum period of two years (two consecutive postponing possible)
- one can immediately take the Disciples Course online
- after meeting criteria for receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, one can automatically continue with the Bhakti Sastri PLUS and take one TRS module free of charge
- after receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, one gets deduction of 15% for Bhaktivaibhava module (paying €339 instead of €399). This is applicable for those enrolled into BS+ after December 2015
- Bhakti Sastri graduates can apply for the BA in Theology and Religious Study (TRS) without paying the application fee of €50.
- As a special gift we will immediately send you two breathtaking audio CDs recorded by the Bhaktivedanta College students!
Once you register you will be automatically enrolled in the next Disciples Course and all upcoming Bhakti Sastri modules.
We discuss the Preface and Introduction. Therein, Srila Prabhupada explains the meaning of bhakti rasa-amrita-sindhu and introduces the definition of pure devotional service.
Once we understand what pure devotional service is, we next learn what will happen when we practice it. In the first chapter, the 6 symptoms that manifest are discussed.
Chapter 2 describes the eligibility for performing pure devotional service and various definitions of sadhana bhakti, devotional service in practice.
We learn about the qualifications that help us progress once we have taken to the process: knowledge of sastra and our faith that the goal of life is to please Krishna.
Chapter 5 provides evidence that performing devotional service is not dependent on one’s birth and that it transcends prayascitta, or purificatory rites, and the duties in the varnasrama sysytem. So far, the philosophical foundations of devotional service and devotional service in practice have been established,
Chapters 6-13 describe 64 principle practices of devotional service.
The week is dedicated to the chanting of the holy names. We discuss the offenses mentioned in the NOD and different methods how to improve japa.
If you feel overwhelmed by the number of ways you can serve the Lord, you will be relieved to study just the five most potent forms of sadhana bhakti.
We explore Srila Prabhupada’s instructions regarding raganuga sadhana bhakti, or spontaneously performed devotional service.
We end the course discussing the goal of our practices: bhava and prema, devotional service in ecstasy and in pure love.