Dates: 28/06/2021 - 22/08/2021
Mode of Delivery: Online
Sri Isopanisad one of the 108 principal Vedic scriptures known as the Upanisads. Sri Isopanisad is a conceptual text, rather than a description of the Lord’s pastimes. Reading and studying this book is meant to advance one’s view of life; to teach one how to re-spiritualize every endeavor of one’s actions.
Bhakti Sastri program can be attended without special requirements. You are able to enroll in one module or all program. By clicking “Enrol Now” you will be redirected to Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus, where you will proceed with registration and payment only for this module. The Paypal fee is €99 fully inclusive.
OR enroll complete program and get 15% discountEnroll Complete Program
Bhakti-sastri course is always going on, with 6 modules in total, one after another. It is possible to enroll at any time and continue from the next scheduled module or just take one module (or more) of your choice as each one is independent from the rest of the modules.
Registration to the complete Bhakti Sastri PLUS program
We are offering the possibility to study full Bhakti Sastri PLUS program:
- Create account on Bhaktivedanta College Online Campus (BCOC).
- Fill in the Bhakti Sastri PLUS registration form.
- Pay the Paypal fee (link below).
Registration into the Bhakti Sastri PLUS program brings number of benefits:
- a tuition-fee deduction of 15% (paying €505, instead of €594)
- each module can be studied according to one’s preference in a maximum period of two years (two consecutive postponing possible)
- one can immediately take the Disciples Course online
- after meeting criteria for receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, one can automatically continue with the Bhakti Sastri PLUS and take one TRS module free of charge
- after receiving a Bhakti Sastri degree, one gets deduction of 15% for Bhaktivaibhava module (paying €339 instead of €399). This is applicable for those enrolled into BS+ after December 2015
- Bhakti Sastri graduates can apply for the BA in Theology and Religious Study (TRS) without paying the application fee of €50.
- As a special gift we will immediately send you two breathtaking audio CDs recorded by the Bhaktivedanta College students!
Once you register you will be automatically enrolled in the next Disciples Course and all upcoming Bhakti Sastri modules.
Introduction – Invocation mantra
The importance of Vedic knowledge. Srila Prabhupada establishes the definition of Veda, and the need to take guidance from the Vedas. Sri Isopanisad is directly Vedic literature, being part of the sruti. Edit summary
Mantras 1, 2, 3
These first three Mantras provide an overview of how to live ones life perfectly, and predict consequences for those who do not follow these fundamental instructions.
Mantras 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8
In these texts the inconceivable nature of God is discussed and the vision of those pure devotees who can perceive Him as the Absolute Truth.
Mantras 9, 10 & 11
… discuss two different types of knowledge: vidya and avidya.
Mantras 12, 13 & 14
… discuss different types of worship.
Mantras 15, 16, 17 & 18
In this last section the devotee offers prayers to God to grant spiritual vision, to remove His glaring effulgence, and partitions to God to remember his devotee and everything he has done for Him.